How it works?
How to install?
- Create new or open any of your Google Shetet.
- Go to menu "Add-on" and click "Get Add-on" and search for "MAP MY SHEET".
- Install it and start using it.
Directly reach the add-on using this link in Google Chrome Web Store
Directly reach the add-on using this link in GSuite Marketplace
how to setup?
In order to start Map My Sheet
- Open a Sheet
- Go to add-on select Map My Sheet
- Then, you will get this page. To create your custom map Click on CREATE MAP.
Here, you must do some configuration to create your custom map.
- First , set the name of your Map.
- Second, select tab-name its One of the important field because based on this tab name columns header is displayed in next sections.
- Third, here your setting the zoom level of your map.
When you select tab name you will get Location section, here you have 2 way to mark your location.
- Address, this is default location type. If you want to place your marker based on complete address. Click on address field it will list all sheet headers. Now, you choose appropriate column header which has complete address.
- Geo Co-ordinates, here marker is placed based on Longitude and Latitude.
When you select the Location type as Address it has some optional fields named as City, State, Country, Zip Code.
- To Present your data on map Longitude and Latitude are Mandatory fields.
- If your Google Sheet you already have those(Longitude, Latitude) fields, you can just select the headers wherever it is necessary.
- Otherwise , You just click button which has Plus(+) symbol to add longitude and latitude in your Google Sheet. The add-on will auto generate latitude and longitude from your address while saving the map.
Next section is Marker Settings. In this section you will set marker colour, animation based on Condition.
- if your not set anything, default marker setting will appear in your map. It has red colour and no animation. if you want you can modify default marker setting by clicking on Pin and Ani.
Change the Pin colour by clicking on default pin.
- When you click on that red(default) pin. It display some few more different coloured pins. Then you can select whichever colour you want.
- Similar to Animation also just click on No (Default) Animation type.
If you want custom markers for different location based on condition click on Add marker (plus) button.
- Here, you need to select colour, animation based on condition.In condition you have 2 fields Field and Value. In first field, you will get the sheet column headers.
- Based on first field selection second field values are available.
In this section, you have to select Title and Label these 2 will appear in your map. Label will display only the first character of your selection. When you Hover the cursor on the marker Title will appear.
Now, all configuration is completed its is time to save your map.
After clicking save button view map will enable. When you click on button that will take you to your Custom map.
Back button will take you back to Create map page.