DEMO - 1 : simple Map with Markers
Scenario: Prepare a map of Buffet Restaurants
This is a simple scenario to show a map of buffet restaurants near the office for anyone to easily locate it. Staff can just add to the list and it gets appeared in the map.
Step 1: List Buffet Restaurants in a Google Sheet as shown below
Step 2: Configure the Map in "Map My Sheet" add on
- Open add-on "Map My Sheet" from menu, Add-On > Map My Sheet > Start
- Click on "Create Map"
- Name the map as "My Buffet Restaurants"
- Select "Buffet Restaurants" tab
- Select Zoom level as 16
- Choose type of location as "Address" and Choose the "Address" field from the Google Sheet.It has some optional fields named as City, State, Country, Zip Code.
- To Map your Data Longitude and latitude is Mandatory.
- if you already have longitude and latitude then just select the header wherever it is necessary.
- else click on button which has plus(+) symbol to add latitude and longitude in your Google sheet.
- Leave the marker colour and animation settings as default
- Select the field for Label of marker
- Click on "Save" to create Map
- View Map button will be enabled.
Step 3: Click on View Map Button
You can share the URL to others. However, please note that the Google Sheet also must be shared for them to load data for rendering into Google Map.
If you are not able to see Google Map below, Login to Google, reload screen and accept permissions (if prompted)