Generate API Key
How to generate API key ?
Why do I need API Key?
Google Maps Platform has made API key mandatory for some regions and scenarios.
Without API key, maps in this region will appear with "for development purposes only" watermark in darkened background (see the sample map below). Also, the quota limitations from Google are attached to the API key.
Steps to generate API key
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- From the Project drop-down menu, select or create the project on which you want to add an API key.
- From the Navigation menu, select APIs & Services > Credentials.
- On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key.
- The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.
- Copy that API key and use that.
For more details, please refer Google Documentation for Steps to generate API Key
Setup API Key in "Map My Sheet"
To setup, API Key in Map My Sheet,
- Open Map My Sheet Add-on
- Click on side nav bar
- Click on settings
- You will see option to Provide Map API key as shown here
- Enter the API Key
- Save the Key
Note: If you have already published the map, please republish the map after adding the API key.