Generate API Key
How to generate API key ?
Why do I need API Key?
Google Maps Platform recently made API key mandatory for some regions and scenarios.
Without API key, maps in this region will appear with "for development purposes only" watermark in darkened background. Also, the quota limitations from Google are attached to the API key.
Steps to generate API key
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- From the Project drop-down menu, select or create the project on which you want to add an API key.
- From the Navigation menu, select APIs & Services > Credentials.
- On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key.
- The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.
- Copy that API key and use that where ever you want.
- Save your API key after key generation by clicking on "RESTRICT KEY".
For more details, please refer Google Documentation for Steps to generate API Key
Setup API Key in "Map My Sheet"
To setup, API Key in Map My Sheet,
- Open Map My Sheet Add-on
- Click on User Settings (gear icon)
- You will see the user profile and option to set API key as shown here
- Enter the API Key
- Save the settings
- Then reload the Map My Sheet add-on and view maps