How to setUp ?
Step 1 : Prepare Google Sheet Data
Step 2 : Add on MapConfigure and save map.
To Start Map My Sheet
- Open any Google Sheet (that has your data)
- Go to add-on and select Map My Sheet.
- Then, you will get this GUI on the right side of the screen.
- To create your custom map Click on CREATE MAP.
Here, you have to do some configuration steps to create your custom map.
Step 1 of 5 - Provide Basic Information
- Set Name of your map.
- Select the tab-name, Its one of the important field because based on this tab name columns header is displayed in next sections.
- Select the map type
- Set the default Zoom Level of map
- Turn on/off for Clustering
- Turn on/off for Automatic refresh (Pro version)
Step 2 of 5 - Setup Location
Here you have two way to mark your location.
Address: This is default location type. If you want to place your marker based on complete address. Click on address field it will list all sheet headers. Now, you choose appropriate column header which has complete address.
- You need to select the address by clicking on address columns.
- To Present your data on map Longitude and Latitude are Mandatory fields.
- If your Google Sheet you already have those(Longitude, Latitude) fields, you can just select the headers wherever it is necessary.
- Otherwise , You just click (+) button that will add longitude and latitude in your Google Sheet. The add-on will auto generate latitude and longitude from your given address while saving the map.
Geo Co-ordinates: Here marker is placed based on Longitude and Latitude.
Now, all configuration is completed and map is ready
You can view your map by clicking view map
You can publish the map to others by clicking publish map
Step 3: View Map