How to setUp ?
Step 1 : Prepare Google Sheet Data
Step 2 : Add on MapConfigure and save map.
To Start Map My Sheet
- Open any Google Sheet (that has your data)
- Go to add-on and select Map My Sheet.
- Then, you will get this GUI on the right side of the screen.
- To create your custom map Click on CREATE MAP.
Here, you have to do some configuration to create your custom map.
- First , set the name of your Map.
- Second, select tab-name its One of the important field because based on this tab name columns header is displayed in next sections.
- Third, here your setting the zoom level of your map.
When you select tab name you will get Location section, here you have 2 way to mark your location.
- Address, this is default location type. If you want to place your marker based on complete address. Click on address field it will list all sheet headers. Now, you choose appropriate column header which has complete address.
- Geo Co-ordinates, here marker is placed based on Longitude and Latitude.
When you select the Location type as Address it has some optional fields named as City, State, Country, Zip Code.
- To view optional fields you have to switch-on Multi-Line Address.
- To Present your data on map Longitude and Latitude are Mandatory fields.
- If your Google Sheet you already have those(Longitude, Latitude) fields, you can just select the headers wherever it is necessary.
- Otherwise , You just click button "Yes, Do it" that will add longitude and latitude in your Google Sheet. The add-on will auto generate latitude and longitude from your given address while saving the map.
Now, all configuration is completed its is time to save your map.
After clicking save button view map will enable. When you click on button that will take you to your Custom map.
Back button will take you back to Create map page.
Step 3: View Map