Scenario: Prepare a map of Buffet Restaurants and label it in markers
This is a simple scenario to show a map of buffet restaurants near the office for anyone to easily locate it. Staff can just add to the list and it gets appeared in the map.
List Buffet Restaurants in a Google Sheet as shown below
Configure the Map in "Map My Sheet" add on
- Open add-on "Map My Sheet" from menu, Add-On > Map My Sheet > Start
- Click on "Create Map"
- Name the map as required.
- Select the required sheet tab.
- Select the required map type.
- Select the required zoom level.
- Switch on Clustering if required.(Clustering combines group of markers in to one marker with the count as label)
- Switch on Refresh automatically if required.
- Choose type of location as "Address" and Choose the "Address" field from the Google Sheet.
- To Map your Data Longitude and latitude is Mandatory.
- if you already have longitude and latitude then just select the header wherever it is necessary.
- else click on button which has plus(+) symbol to add latitude and longitude in your Google sheet.
- Select the Filter in required.
- Select the required column from sheet.
- Select the required type.
- Click Add Filter to add more filter.
- Select the required marker colour.
- Select the required animation.
- Click Add Marker to add more marker.
- Select the required Label.(A marker label is a letter or number that appears inside a marker.)
- Select the label as Restaurant Name so that the name will be displayed in map above the marker.
- Configure the info window.
- So that when the users clicks or hover on the marker the information will be displayed.
- Click the "+" symbol to add more to the info window.
Based on your restaurant selection it will display the marker with label on it.