DEMO - 2 : Map with CustOm Markers-color
Scenario: Prepare a map with green marker .
This scenario is to show a map of buffet restaurants with green marker near the office for anyone to easily locate it. Staff can just add to the list and it gets appeared in the map.
Step 1: List Buffet Restaurants branches in a Google Sheet as shown below
Step 2: Configure the Map in "Map My Sheet" add on.
- Open add-on "Map My Sheet" from menu Add-On > Map My Sheet > Start
- Click on "Create Map"
- Name the map as "My Buffet Restaurant"
- Select "Buffet Restaurants" tab
- Select Zoom level as 16
- Choose type of location as "Address" and select the "Address" field from the Google Sheet.
- To Map your Data Longitude and latitude is Mandatory.
- if you already have longitude and latitude then just select the header wherever it is necessary.
- else click on button which has plus(+) symbol to add latitude and longitude in your Google sheet.
- Set marker color as green in default settings.
- To change Pin colour click on pin.you will get few more different coloured pins.
- Click on "Save" to create Map
- View Map button will be enabled.
Step 3: Click on View Map Button
You can share the URL to others. However, please note that the Google Sheet also must be shared for them to load data for rendering into Google Map.