DEMO - 2 : Map with Custom Markers-color and locate it with Geo-Coordinates
Scenario: Prepare a map with green marker .
This scenario is to show a map of buffet restaurants with green marker near the office for anyone to easily locate it. Staff can just add to the list and it gets appeared in the map.
Step 1: List Buffet Restaurants branches in a Google Sheet as shown below
Step 2: Configure the Map in "Map My Sheet" add on.
- Open add-on "Map My Sheet" from menu, Add-On > Map My Sheet > Start
- Click on "Create Map"
- Name the map as required.
- Select the required sheet tab.
- Select the required map type.
- Select the required zoom level.
- Switch on Clustering if required.(Clustering combines group of markers in to one marker with the count as label)
- Switch on Refresh automatically if required.
- Choose type of location as "Geo Coordinates" .
- To Map your Data Longitude and latitude is Mandatory.
- Select the latitude and longitude columns from Google Sheets.
- Select the Filter in required.
- Select the required column from sheet.
- Select the required type.
- Click Add Filter to add more filter.
- Select the required marker colour.
- Select the required animation.
- Click Add Marker to add more marker.
- Select the required Marker.(A marker label is a letter or number that appears inside a marker.)
- Configure the info window.
- So that when the users clicks or hover on the marker the information will be displayed.
- Click the "+" symbol to add more to the info window.
Step 3: Click on View Map Button
You can share the URL to others. However, please note that the Google Sheet also must be shared for them to load data for rendering into Google Map.